Learn about the comparison among Crocodile, Alligators and Gavialis.
Comparision # Crocodilus (Mugger):
1. Crocodilus are mostly found in Asia, including India, Central America, Africa, Malaya, Indonesia and North Australia.
2. It is more aggressive and dangerous to man.
3. The snout of crocodilus is moderately long and pointed.
4. Teeth of crocodilus is unequal.
5. In crocodilus, hump does not develop.
Comparision # Alligators:
1. Alligators are mostly found in North America, China.
2. It is less aggressive and attacks when provoked.
3. The snout of Alligators is short and broad.
4. The teeth of Alligators are very unequal.
5. In Alligators, hump does not develop.
Comparision # Gavialis (Gharial):
1. Gavialis are mostly found in India. It is also found in Myanmar (Burma) Pakistan and Nepal.
2. It can eat only fish because of narrow throat.
3. The snout of Gavialis is very long.
4. The teeth of Gavialis is almost equal.
5. During breeding a hump (ghara-like) develops at the end of snout of male. Hence it is commonly called gharial.