The upcoming discussion will update you about the differences between Abscisic Acid and Gibberellin Acid.
Difference # Abscisic Acid:
1. It inhibits growth.
2. Abscisic acid promotes dormancy of seeds, buds and tubers.
3. It promotes flowering in some short day plants.
4. The inhibitor decreases the synthesis of RNA and protein. It can even cause their degradation.
5. Abscisic acid promotes stomatal closure.
6. It prevents amylase activity.
7. Abscisic acid causes abscission of flowers and fruits.
8. It promotes leaf senescence.
9. Abscisic acid promotes rooting of cuttings in some plants.
10. It has no role in sexuality of flowers.
Difference # Gibberellin Acid:
1. It promotes growth.
2. The hormone overcomes the natural dormancy of seeds, bulbs, tubers, etc. and allows them to germinate.
3. It promotes flowering in some long day plants.
4. The hormone promotes synthesis of RNAs and proteins.
5. It helps in opening of stomata.
6. It promotes amylase activity as during germination of cereal grains.
7. The hormone promotes development of fruits.
8. It prevents leaf senescence.
9. Gibberellin acid has no role in rooting.
10. The hormone can bring about change in sexuality of flowers.