The upcoming discussion will update you about the differences between Anabolism and Catabolism.
Difference # Anabolism:
1. It is the sum total of building up or constructive processes.
2. Anabolism produces complex materials from simpler ones.
3. It stores energy.
4. Kinetic energy is changed into potential energy.
5. Anabolism is required for growth, maintenance and storage.
6. Fewer types of precursors form diverse products (reactions diverge).
Difference # Catabolism:
1. Catabolism is the sum total of breakdown or destructive processes.
2. It forms simple substances from complex ones.
3. It releases energy.
4. Potential energy is changed into kinetic energy.
5. Catabolism is required for performing various activities of living beings.
6. Many types of larger substances breakdown to form fewer types of simple molecules (reactions converge).