The upcoming discussion will update you about the differences between Myosin and Actin Filaments in Human Body.
Difference # Myosin Filaments:
1. Found only in A-band of sarcomere.
2. Thicker (0.01 mn) but longer (4.5 mn)than actin filaments.
3. Cross bridges present, hence have rough surface.
4. Fewer than actin filaments.
5. Free at both the ends.
6. Consist of 2 proteins: myosin and meromysin.
7. Do not slide during muscle contraction.
Difference # Actin Filaments:
1. Found in both A and I -bands.
2. Thinner (0.005 mn) but shorter (2 -2.6 mn) than myosin filaments.
3. Cross bridges absent, hence have smooth surface.
4. More numerous than myosin filaments, six of them surround each myosin filament.
5. Free at one end and are joined to Z -line by other end.
6. Consist of 3 proteins: actin, tropomyosin and tropinin.
7. Slide into H-zone during muscle contraction.