The upcoming discussion will update you about the differences between Open and Closed Vascular Bundles.
Difference # Open Vascular Bundles:
1. Vascular bundle contains a strip of cambium in between phloem and xylem.
2. Phloem and xylem do not lie in direct contact with each other.
3. Due to activity of cambium, original or primary phloem and xylem move away from each other. Secondary phloem and secondary xylem are formed in between.
4. Open vascular bundles occur in dicot and gymnosperm stems.
5. Open vascular bundles can be collateral and bi-collateral.
Difference # Closed Vascular Bundles:
1. Intra-fascicular cambium is absent.
2. Phloem and xylem occur in direct contact with each other.
3. There is no such activity.
4. Closed vascular bundles are found in leaves and monocot stems.
5. Closed vascular bundles can be collateral or concentric.