The upcoming discussion will update you about the differences between Tap Root Systems and Adventitious Root Systems.
Difference # Tap Root Systems:
1. It arises from the radicle of the embryo.
2. Primary root is persistent.
3. It is always underground.
4. There is a single main root.
5. It can be deep feeder or surface feeder.
6. Main root is very thick as compared to other roots.
7. Distinction of primary, secondary, tertiary and rootlets is quite conspicuous.
Difference # Adventitious Root Systems:
1. It is formed either from places other than radicle or its branches i.e., stem, leaves.
2. Primary root is short-lived.
3. Adventitious root system can be both underground and above ground.
4. A number of larger roots arise in a cluster.
5. If underground, the adventitious root system is usually surface feeder.
6. All roots are generally fibrous.
7. There is no such distinction.