The upcoming discussion will update you about the differences between gibberellic acid and abscisic acid.
1. It promotes growth.
2. It overcomes the natural dormancy of seeds, bulbs and tubers, etc. and permits them to germinate.
3. It promotes flowering in some long-day plants.
4. It promotes synthesis of RNAs and proteins.
5. It helps in the opening of stomata.
6. It promotes development of fruits.
7. It prevents leaf senescence.
8. It enhances amylase activity during germination of grains.
1. It inhibits growth.
2. It promotes the dormancy of seeds, buds and tubers and prevents their germination.
3. It promotes flowering in some short day plants.
4. It slows down the synthesis of RNAs and proteins.
5. It causes stomatal closing.
6. It causes abscission of flowers and fruits.
7. It promotes leaf senescence.
8. It prevents amylase activity.