The upcoming discussion will update you about the differences between somatic hybridization and sexual hybridization.
1. It involves fusion of somatic cells.
2. It leads to the production of allotetraploid plants.
3. There is equal contribution of cytoplasm from both parents.
4. Segregation does not occur.
5. Wide crosses can be easily made
1. It involves fusion of male and female gametes.
2. It results in the production of diploid plants.
3. Contribution of cytoplasm is more by female parent
4. Segregation takes place.
5. Wide crosses are associated with sexual problems.