In this article we will discuss about the structure of amoeba. This will also help you to draw the structure and diagram of amoeba.
1. Fresh water and free living organism commonly available in stagnant water.
2. Body irregular and cytoplasm clearly differentiated into ectoplasm and endoplasm.
3. Body naked, and extends into numerous finger like projections the pseudopodia.
4. Endoplasm contains a large central nucleus and an accentric contractile vacuole.
5. Definite mouth & anus are absent.
6. Chromatophores are absent and nutrition phagotropicoholozoic.
7. Egestion and ingestion through pinocytic and phagocytic methods.
8. Asexual reproduction through binary fission and multiple fission.