The upcoming discussion will update you about the difference between male and female prawn.
Difference # Male Prawn:
1. Among the specimens of same age, the size of male prawn is large.
2. Abdomen is narrow in male prawn.
3. Walking legs are closely set.
4. Second walking leg is strongly developed and with numerous spines.
5. Appendix masculina is present in the second pleopod.
6. Testes are elongated with a long median gap for cardio-pyloric strand. Posterior ends are free.
7. First part of the reproductive duct, vas deferens, is coiled.
8. In male prawn, reproductive openings or gonopores are present near the base of fifth walking legs.
Difference # Female Prawn:
1. Size of female prawn is comparatively smaller.
2. Abdomen of female prawn is proportionately broad.
3. Walking legs are set apart.
4. Second walking leg is moderately developed.
5. Appendix masculina is absent in female prawn.
6. Two ovaries are fused at both the ends and the median gap is short.
7. The oviducts are straight in female prawn.
8. Gonopores are present near the base of third walking legs.