The upcoming discussion will update you about the differences between chlorophyll a and chlorophyll b.
1. Chemically it is C55H72O5N4Mg
2. Its Carbon 3 contains methyl group
3. Blue green colour in pure state.
4. Soluble in petroleum ether
5. It absorbs more red wave length
6. It is primary photosynthetic pigment
1. Chemically it is C55H70O6N4Mg
2. Carbon 3 contains aldehyde group
3. Oliver green colour in pure state.
4. Soluble in methyl alcohol
5. Absorbs more violet blue wave length
6. It is accessory photosynthetic pigment