The upcoming discussion will update you about the differences between Photosystem I and Photosystem II.
Difference # Photosystem I:
1. The system is located in the non-appressed part of grana thylakoids as well as stroma thylakoids.
2. Chlorophyll: carotenoid content is high.
3. Chlorophyll a content is more than twice that of chlorophyll b.
4. Its photo Centre is P70C.
5. It receives electrons from photosystem II.
6. Photosystem I can perform cyclic photophosphorylation independently.
7. It is not connected with photolysis of water.
8. Usually it hands over its electron to NADP+.
Difference # Photosystem II:
1. Photosystem II is present in the appressed part of grana thylakoids.
2. Chlorophyll to carotenoid ratio is low.
3. Chlorophyll a and chlorophyll b are approximately equal.
4. Its photo Centre is P680 .
5. Electrons are received from photolytic reaction.
6. It performs non-cyclic photophosphorylation in conjunction with photosystem I.
7. Photosystem II is connected with photolytic oxidation of water.
8. Usually it hands over its electrons to PS I.