The upcoming discussion will update you about the difference between ring porous wood and diffuse porous wood.
Difference # Ring Porous Wood:
1. In it the vessels are of different diameter.
2. The vessels are not uniformly distributed throughout the wood.
3. Vessels with wide and smaller diameter are formed in the early and the later part of the growth season respectively.
4. Vessels with wide diameter of early wood and vessels of smaller diameter of late, summer or autumn wood are distinguishable.
5. The development of vessel is sudden and rapid.
6. The vessels are longer in length than those of diffuse porous wood.
7. The rate of transport of water in plant with ring porous wood is ten times faster than those with diffuse porous wood.
Difference # Diffuse Porous Wood:
1. In it the vessels are more or less equal in diameter.
2. The vessels are uniformly distributed throughout the wood.
3. Vessels with more or less equal diameter are formed throughout the growth ring.
4. Vessels of early wood and late wood are indistinguishable.
5. The development of vessel is slow.
6. The vessels are shorter in length than those of ring porous wood.
7. The rate of transport of water in plants with diffuse porous wood is slower than those with ring porous wood.