In this article we will discuss about the structure of vorticella. This will also help you to draw the structure and diagram of vorticella.
2. Body of these animals is devoid of ciliation except at the free anterior end which is surrounded by cilia.
3. Body bell-shaped and is connected with a contractile stalk at its base.
4. Ectoplasm has vertical and oblique rows of myonemes.
5. Endoplasm is having a large semicircular macronucleus and a small micronucleus attached to the former.
6. Stalk also has myonemes and is thus constrictable.
7. The anterior end of bell-shaped body is made of a collar and a peristomial disc separated by a peristomial groove. Three rows of long cilia are arranged anticlockwise and are inserted in peristomial groove.
8. Peristomial groove leads into cytopharynx and is having an undulating membrane.
9. Nutrition heterotrophic and reproduction through fission and conjugation.