In this article we will discuss about the structure of ancylostoma with the help of diagrams.
1. It is commonly known as hook-worm and is found in tropical and subtropical regions.
2. It is a parasite in the intestine of human beings.
3. Mature worm is cylindrical and is grey or white.
4. Posterior end of females is bluntly rounded and is provided in males with an umbrella-like bursa for copulation.
5. Males about 8-10 mm. in length and females about 10-12 mm. in length.
6. A buccal capsule is present around mouth, which is without lips but with a dentate chitinous plate on ventral side of buccal capsule.
7. Males have a cloacal aperture and females have anus.