In this article we will discuss about the structure of sertularia with the help of diagram.
1. It is the slide of sertularia, which is a colonial and marine animal.
2. Colony is found attached to sea weeds and is attached to creeping hydrorhizae.
3. The colony produces luminiscence.
4. The hydrotheca and gonotheca are sessile and arise from internodes.
5. The polyps may be retracted completely or protruding outside.
6. The opening (mouth) of hydrotheca and gonotheca are covered by paired operculums.
7. Hydro-calus differentiated into nodes and internodes.