Differences between Transpiration and Evaporation!
1. It is a physiological process.
2. Takes place only from living cell or tissues.
3. Occurs through stomata, cuticle or lenticel.
4. Forces like TP, OP, SP are involved.
5. It mainly occurs during day time.
6. It regulates body temperature of plant.
7. It keeps the surface wet.
8. It helps in uptake of minerals and nutrients.
1. It is a physical process from any free surface.
2. Does not involve living cells or tissue.
3. It occurs from the entire surface of the water.
4. No such forces are involved.
5. It occurs throughout day and night.
6. Does not regulate body temperature in plant.
7. It leads to dryness of surface.
8. Not associated with uptake of minerals and nutrients.