The upcoming discussion will update you about the differences between Polyp and Medusa.
Difference # Polyp:
1. Polyp is a fixed.
2. Polyp is cylindrical in shape.
3. Sense organs are absent.
4. Polyps are without gonads.
5. Polyps feed and protect the colony
6. Polyp belongs to asexual generation.
Difference # Medusa:
1. Medusa is free swimming.
2. Medusa is an umbrella like and formed by blastostyle.
3. There are 8 sense organs called the statocysts, each is meant for equilibrium.
4. Medusa has four gonads.
5. Medusa brings about sexual reproduction and dispersal of species.
6. Medusa represents the sexual generation.